Schools A+ Energy Efficiency Program Overview
Electric co-ops that offer the Schools A+ Energy Efficiency Program can help schools find ways to improve their energy performance. The Program provides training and tools to help co-ops partner with schools to identify low-cost, no-cost ways to achieve energy savings.
The Schools A+ Energy Efficiency Program is a process, and attaining the end result of improving energy efficiency and achieving financial savings takes commitment on everyone's part. The process includes:
- Establishing a partnership between the key school stakeholders and co-op key personnel
- Training for both co-op employees and school facilities personnel
- A walk-thru energy audit of the school's facilities (undertaken as soon after the training as practicable)
- Identification of low-cost, no-cost measures to save energy
- Improving maintenance and asset management
- Energy budgeting to determine what level of fixes can be accomplished and when
- Evaluation of more capital-intensive projects, once the simple measures are put into practice
- Benchmarking to help you track and manage energy use
- Revisiting accomplishments. Some measures require follow up to insure continued savings. Implementation of some measures may facilitate additional opportunities.
- Consider an educational component and community outreach
Contact your local electric co-op to find out if they offer the Schools A+ Energy Efficiency Program. Click here to find your local cooperative.